Who we are
cinfo brings together people, organisations and occupations. This contributes significantly to the ability of organisations working internationally for a more peaceful and just world to achieve their goals.
- We forge links between recruitment, career development and support for intercultural competencies in the field, making us unique as specialists for careers and jobs in international cooperation. Our extensive experience, and our commitment to constantly developing and adapting our sector- and context-specific knowledge to meet emerging demands, provides you with an invaluable service.
- We are at the cutting edge of the field of international cooperation. We know our clients’ needs and the major trends in the international cooperation labour market. We lay the foundations for making the right decisions in recruiting and training employees and in managing careers.
- We pave the way for both individual professional development and human resource development within organisations by proposing dynamic events where people can meet to exchange ideas and experiences.
cinfo was established as a Foundation in 1990 by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDCSwiss Agency for Development and Cooperation ) and various Swiss non-governmental organisations.
Read more about the Foundation and its board
cinfo is mandated by SDC, the Human Security Division of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA), and the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECOState Secretariat for Economic Affairs ) to inform the Swiss public of career and job opportunities in international cooperation, and to support individual job-seekers. Furthermore, we work with the United Nations and International Organisations Division of FDFA.
cinfo also provides human resource services for other actors in international cooperation.
We work closely with experts and partner organisations from all fields of international cooperation.
Thanks to the membership «Network cinfo», we are closely connected to and in dialogue with the largest Swiss non-governmental organisations in international cooperation, as well as training and research institutions.
Read more about Network cinfo
We also work together with other institutions, including in the Italian-speaking region of Switzerland:
- Institut für Laufbahn und Arbeit GmbH ILA
- Zurich University for Applied Science (ZHAW), Department of Social Work
- Büro für arbeits- und sozialpolitische Studien BASS AG
- Schweizerisches Dienstleistungszentrum Berufsbildung Berufs-, Studien- und Laufbahnberatung
- Università della Svizzera italiana, USI
- Federazione delle ONG della Svizzera italiana FOSIT
cinfo is an independent organisation which supports the human resource and career needs of all individuals and organisations engaged in international cooperation. In order to constantly develop our services, our team regularly undertakes further training and knowledge exchange with external specialists and institutions.
In the study of Best Recruiters 2014 / 2015, cinfo achieved second place in the category of Personnel Services and received the silver seal of quality. The study examined the recruitment quality of 518 institutions in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
Certificate (in German)
Results of the study (in German)